If, while talking to the customer (whether on the phone, in a chat or an email), you need to collect their card details, you should use the Card Over The Phone Service.
Upon request, PCI Booking will send either an email or a text message (SMS) to the client. This message will contain a link to the card capture form.
Once the client has finished entering the card details, the card will be stored in PCI Booking and a token will be generated which will be sent to the customer who requested the form be sent.
Read more on managing your Card Over The Phone requests.
PCI Booking offers customers some level of personalization of the capture page to suit your workflow.
As part of the personalization capabilities, PCI Booking offers customers two ways of personalizing the messages and landing pages sent to the card owner:
- Customers can create templates for re-use. Read more.
- Customers can add custom header and footer texts - that will be added to the default PCI Booking capture page - which can also include dynamic fields in the form of place holders.
The placeholder name should be listed in the message body is in the format:
Place holder name
The name of the booker
The name of the recipient
The phone number to reach customer support for the booker,
The email address to reach customer support for the booker,
The web site to reach customer support for the booker,
The amount of the transaction for which the recipient is providing the credit card for. The value displayed will include both amount and currency symbol (Read more on list of currency symbols)
- Implement the Callback method to receive status updates on the card request or implement the Retrieve a card data request method to pull status updates from PCI Booking.
- (optionally) Prepare in advance the CSS that should be used for this card capture.
- (optionally) Prepare in advance the customized templates to be used in the messaging.
- Initiate a call with a client and reach the stage in the conversation of requesting the card details
- Submit the Request to Send Card Capture Form to Recipient method
- In this request, you will provide details on how to send the message (email or text message) and the destination information.
- PCI Booking sends the message to the client.
- Client clicks on the link to open the card capture form and fills out the card details.
- Card details are stored in PCI Booking and a token is sent to your system via the callback.
Updated almost 2 years ago